Do you have any confusion about which is better, Camstudio or Camtasia? Well after reading the Camtstudio Vs Camtasia article that confusion will surely go.
Camstudio or Camtasia are both screen recording software and have some similar features. But you can find some differences between them. We will compare various aspects through which you can easily compare, Camstudio vs Camtasia.
So let us begin with quickly knowing what Camstudio and Camtasia are.
What Is Camstudio?
Camstudio is software that records the screens and audio of your computer. It makes videos in AVI format. This software can transform the AVI videos to the Flash Video style which is lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Friendly Videos (SWF).
What Is Camtasia?
Camtasia software was developed by Techsmith, which is for making videos and tutorials from recording the screen. It can record audio and videos at once or add them to another source individually.
Features Comparison of Camstudio and Camtasia
To figure out the best quality of software let’s explore the feature comparison of Camstudio vs Camtasia. Read the below-mentioned point to find differences.
- It records your screen or audio to AVI files, which means Audio Video Interleave. These files contain both the videos and audio data.
- Camstudio highlights the cursor path while recording the computer screen. This makes it easy for anyone to explain what they are doing at that particular time.
- The software records the screen with audio. This is a favorable feature for many youtube video creators such as gaming channels.
- It also has a feature that can add comments to the videos.
- Everything can be recorded on the screen whether they are websites, software, PowerPoint presentations, or video calls.
- This software selects rights-managed audio from your library to insert sound effects in your recordings.
- This records specifically what you want. Whether you want a particular window, application, or the entire screen.
- Finds rights-managed things from the Camtasia library, and adds them to your videos for making them look professionally better.
- It records the audio and edits them with the use of a microphone. And brings the clips of the best audio to get the perfect video.
Features Verdict: Which is better Camstudio or Camtasia?
If we look at the features of both the software we will see that Camtasia offers more features than Camstudio. As we see it provides a lot more and distinct features than Camstudio. Such as many special effects like fade-ins, fade-outs, moving images, or 3D effects.
Pricing Difference of Camstudio Vs Camtasia
Camstudio is completely free software for personal and commercial use. You can just download it and use it freely without any charge.
Camtasia starts its prices at $249.oo per user, in a one-time payment. It does not provide a free version but gives a free trial of 30 days. The company offers Camtasia Coupon Code through which the users can save their maximum purchase.
Pricing Verdict: Are They Worth Money?
By comparing the prices, Camstudio software is offering all its features for free. But Camtasia offers a one-time payment subscription.
So, if you are looking for free screen recording software with audio you can go with the Camstudio.
The question is are they worth money?
Well, Camstudio software is free to use. But if we talk about the Camtasia software, it is money-worthy because it offers many useful features to its users at a reasonable price.
Pros and Cons of Camstudio and Camtasia
We have discussed the features and prices of both the software, now it’s time to know about what are the benefits and disadvantages of both of them.
So, let us begin with the pros & cons of Camstudio:
|Pros ||Cons |
- It is available for free.
- There are no limitations for recording. Everything present on the screen can be recorded.
- Offers a variety of features for a make-over of your screen recording.
- This software features are very natural that makes it easy to use for the users.
- Sometimes, there are strike issues that you may face.
- Output styles are limited, not very much available.
- It is not compatible with Mac.
- The size of the file of an output result is very large.
Now we will talk about the pros and cons of Camtasia:
|Pros ||Cons |
- Its user interface is so simple that it is very easy to use.
- Screen capturing is so impressive. When we open the program, there is a screen capture icon on the top of the toolbar. It makes it easy to record with just some clicks.
- You can import the media files simply and easily.
- Files can be directly uploaded to the appropriate media or can be saved to the device.
- You may face crashes sometimes in the software.
- Software launching consumes so much time that it takes further time to operate.
- The payment is necessary every time while upgrading it.
Conclusion: Which is Better, Camstudio or Camtasia
Since we have compared different points of both of the software and we got the result.
As per the comparison, we have concluded that Camtasia is better than Camstudio. If we see the features Camtasia offers much more than Camstudio like adding special effects, upgrading software. Phentermine is one of the most popular weight loss drugs in the world. It has proven to be effective for the short-term weight loss (in combination with a low calorie diet and exercise). However, the use of Phentermine for weight loss is not without risks and side effects. Uploading files to the other social media platforms is quite easier in Camtasia than in Camstudio.
So, if you are looking for free software for limited features you can go with Camstudio. But if you want the best screen recording software you will surely choose Camtasia.